“Bedminster, NJ – In a new Agenda47 policy video, President Donald J. Trump announced his plan to save America’s auto industry from Joe Biden’s radical Green New Deal policies.
“Joe Biden is waging war on the U.S. auto-industry with a series of crippling mandates designed to force Americans into expensive electric cars, even as thousands of electric cars are piling up on car lots all unsold,” President Trump said. “This ridiculous Green New Deal crusade is causing car prices to skyrocket while setting the stage for the destruction of American auto production.”
““If Biden’s assault is not stopped, American auto-production will be totally DEAD. That’s why I am going to terminate these Green New Deal atrocities on Day One. In my first term, I fought for autoworkers like never before, canceling TPP, which was a disaster, ending the NAFTA nightmare, the NAFTA trade deal was the worst deal ever negotiated on trade, and renegotiating Obama’s horrendous Korea trade deal. Made it a great deal from a horrible deal.”
“I saved the American auto industry once, and now, I will save it again.”
PRESIDENT TRUMP WILL REVERSE EVERY AUTO-JOB KILLING POLICY OF THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION
– On Day One, President Trump will roll back every Biden policy that is brutalizing American autoworkers.
– President Trump will end Biden’s assault on the internal combustion engine and cancel his harmful April 2023 emission regulations for light, medium, and heavy-duty vehicles, that are projected to kill 117,000 auto manufacturing jobs.
– President Trump will also end Biden’s insane CAFE fuel economy standards that will cost the auto industry an estimated $200 billion and raise the average cost of vehicles by more than $1,000 according to the Biden administration’s own estimates, at a time when the average price of a new car is $49,500.
– President Trump will secure the USMCA’s protections for American auto workers from globalist assault.
– In January of this year, international bureaucrats on the USMCA Panel—at the direction of Canada and Mexico and unopposed by Joe Biden—changed the terms of USMCA to reducethe amount of regional auto parts content in North American cars by up to 33%, directly benefiting China and other foreign producers.
– President Trump will communicate to Canada and Mexico that FULL compliance with the terms of the USMCA is not optional.
– President Trump will work to stop the flow of American tax dollars that are subsidizing Chinese electric vehicle battery companies through Joe Biden’s so-called Inflation Reduction Act.
– President Trump will end Joe Biden’s war on American energy that is raising the price of gas.
– President Trump will once again achieve American energy independence, and energy dominance, and rapidly reduce the price of energy through more domestic production.
– President Trump will end Biden’s delays in federal drilling permits and leases that are needed to unleash American oil and natural gas production. Joe Biden has increased the cost of oil and gas leases by 50% and reduced the available acreage for drilling by 80%.
– President Trump will once again exit the horrendously unfair Paris Climate Accords and oppose all of the radical left’s efforts for a Green New Deal that are designed to shut down the development of America’s energy resources that exceed any country’s in the world, including Russia and Saudi Arabia.
– President Trump will create a special team of warrior lawyers to identify every unnecessary federal regulation hampering the American auto industry and immediately eliminate them.
– President Trump will restore the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) that Joe Biden wastefully drained to its lowest level in 40 years.
PRESIDENT TRUMP WILL ENACT A NATIONAL TARIFF POLICY TO PROTECT AMERICAN WORKERS AND STOP THE EXPORT OF AMERICAN WEALTH AND JOBS
– Rather than raising taxes on American producers like Joe Biden is proposing, President Trump will impose tariffs on FOREIGN producers through a system of universal baseline tariffs on most imported goods.
– President Trump’s universal baseline tariffs will create millions of new jobs, increase real household income, boost GDP, increase domestic manufacturing output, and generate hundreds of billions of dollars in new government revenue.
– As tariffs on foreign countries go up, taxes on American workers, families, and businesses can come down.
– Raising tariffs on foreign producers while lowering taxes for domestic producers will help generate jobs and wealth in the United States.
– These tariffs will restore a level playing field for American businesses worldwide and slash the trade deficit.
– To further defend the American auto industry from foreign onslaught, President Trump will pass the Trump Reciprocal Trade Act.
– Under this Act, if any foreign country imposes a tariff on American-made goods, such as cars or car parts, that is higher than the tariff imposed by the U.S. for the same goods, President Trump will have the authority to impose a reciprocal tariff of the same amount on that foreign country’s goods.
– To ensure fairness, the Trump Reciprocal Trade Act will empower President Trump to negotiate the reduction of tariffs on foreign automotive goods if foreign countries agree to reduce their tariffs on the same American products.
– The Trump Reciprocal Trade Act advances the views of 91 percent of conservatives and even 75 percent of Democrats, who support placing reciprocal tariffs on foreign imports to protect American workers.
– A national tariff policy will put AMERICA FIRST and continue President Trump’s successful first term trade policies that reduced America’s trade deficit, grew wages, and created 500,000 new manufacturing jobs.
– Unfair and unbalanced trade policies have hurt American businesses, including in the auto industry. The result has been a decrease in demand for U.S. domestic production, leading to a loss of manufacturing jobs and lower wages.
– Real wages have sharply declined over 28 months under Biden’s weak trade policies that flood the American market with cheap foreign goods produced by cheap foreign labor.
– The $4 trillion in foreign imports in 2022 under Biden was the highest EVER.
JOE BIDEN’S GLOBAL WARMING FANATICISM IS CONDEMNING AMERICA’S AUTO INDUSTRY AND CAUSING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF AMERICAN WORKERS TO LOSE THEIR JOBS
– For 36 years in the Senate, Joe Biden sat idly by and did nothing as the U.S. auto industry was devasted by a flood of cheap foreign imports from Japan and Korea, destroying entire towns and cities in the American Heartland. Auto workers asked for protection and Washington ignored them.
– The United States ISM Purchasing Managers Index (PMI), which measures increases in American manufacturing production, reached its lowest levels since the pandemic with blue-collar manufacturing workers losing their jobs.
– Job creation under Joe Biden is millions of jobs short of President Trump’s job creation levels pre-pandemic.
– Automobile manufacturing accounts for over $1 trillion (or nearly 6%) of total US GDP and approximately 11.4% of U.S. manufacturing output.
– The largest contributors to Biden’s nearly $1 trillion trade deficit are cars and car parts from Europe, Japan, Mexico, Canada, and Korea.
– In 2022, the U.S. automotive industry reported its worst sales year in more than a decade.
– As a result of Biden’s inflationary economy, new car prices increased 11.1% to an average of $49,500and used car prices shot up to 31.4% at the end of 2021.
– The U.S. has gone from once being the largest manufacturer of automobiles, to producing only half as many as China does.
– Biden’s environmental mandates will devastate the American auto industry.
– In April 2023, Joe Biden’s radical left EPA proposed new emissions regulations that are so strict it is physically impossible for gas-powered cars to meet them. As a result, the regulations would require electric vehicles (EV) sales to increase from 6% to 67% of all U.S. auto sales by 2032.
– Biden’s new emissions regulations are projected to eliminate AT LEAST 117,000 auto manufacturing jobs throughout the U.S.
– America’s heartland, which produces more than two-fifths of U.S.-built vehicles and three-fifths of U.S.-built transmissions will be hit the hardest, with Michigan projected to lose an estimated 25,000 jobs, Indiana losing 16,000 jobs, and Ohio losing 14,000 jobs.
– Automotive manufacturing would seriously suffer in the South as well, with Tennessee losing 7,000 jobs, South Carolina losing 5,600 jobs, and Alabama losing 5,200 jobs.
– Job losses as a result of Biden’s insane EV mandates have already begun with GM announcing the termination of 14,000 jobs and five assembly plants, Ford announcing the firing of 3,000 jobs in its shift to EVs, and Stellantis (owner of Chrysler) announcing the firing of 3,500 employees as it moves to EVs.
– Because EVs cost an average of TWICE as much as gas-powered vehicles, take longer to fully charge, and have shorter ranges, almost two-thirds of Americans prefer their next car purchase to be a gas-powered vehicle, nearly half of all car dealerships would never sell an EV, and about half of current EV owners plan to switch back to a gas-powered car.
– Because China possesses near monopolies on the minerals needed to make EV batteries, Biden’s insane emissions mandates will make the American auto industry dependent on China.
– In 2022, Joe Biden stripped mining licenses from the U.S. mineral industry in the Midwest, preventing the domestic production of minerals used to make EVs, forcing the U.S. to rely on China for MORE THAN HALF of its EV battery supply needs.
– EV’s rely on America’s aging electrical grid that has experienced blackouts in the summer. Accommodating for mandated increases in EVs will cost the U.S. tens of billions of dollars in modifications to the electrical grid.
– Joe Biden’s betrayal of auto manufacturing threatens not only the 1 million auto manufacturing workers nationwide, but the 10 million workers whose jobs rely on cars and car parts, including dealerships, mechanics, and car part suppliers.
PRESIDENT TRUMP SAVED THE AUTO INDUSTRY ONCE BEFORE
– On his first day in office, President Trump stopped the job-killing Trans-Pacific Partnership backed by Joe Biden and Ron DeSantis that would have decimated U.S. automakers.
– President Trump ended the disastrous trade deal known as NAFTA and replaced it with the USMCA.
– The Biden-endorsed NAFTA cost approximately 305,000 American auto workers their jobs—nearly a third of the entire American auto manufacturing industry.
– The USMCA is projected to produce $34 billion in new automotive manufacturing investments in the U.S., $23 billion in new annual purchases of U.S.-made automotive parts, and 76,000 U.S. automotive jobs with strict requirements that ensure more cars are made in AMERICAN factories by AMERICAN workers.
– President Trump renegotiated Obama and Biden’s globalist Korea Trade Deal which would have cost the U.S. 80,000 jobs by flooding our market with foreign pickup trucks. Instead, President Trump secured the 25% “Chicken Tax” tariff on light trucks and DOUBLED the amount of U.S. automotive exports to Korea.
– President Trump’s tariffs on China protected the American auto industry, decreasing imports of Chinese auto parts by 50%, increasing American production, and keeping Ford, GM, Volvo, and other auto manufacturing plants in the U.S.
– President Trump ended Obama and Biden’s insane CAFE fuel economy standards, saving $200 billion in total costs, improving vehicle affordability, and reducing traffic fatalities by an estimated 3,300, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
– President Trump took executive action to address overdependence on Chinese minerals for electric vehicle production leading to a surge in the mining of rare earth minerals.
– While Obama and Biden LOST 500 auto and auto parts factories, President Trump ADDED over 200 new auto and auto parts plants in just four years.
– Ford and General Motors collectively invested over $2 billion in domestic auto-manufacturing in plants across Michigan, creating approximately well over 4,000 new auto-manufacturing jobs.
– In August 2017, Toyota and Mazda announced their plan to build a $1.6 billion assembly plant in Huntsville, Alabama, creating 4,000 jobs.
– In March 2019, Ford invested an additional $850 million in Flat Rock, creating 900 jobs.
– GM announced expansions as part of an over $1 billion investment in March 2020 for making the Chevrolet Traverse, the Buick Enclave, and the Cadillac CT4 and CT5 in its Lansing plants, creating approximately 1,200 jobs.
– About $750 million of the GM investment went to Wayne, Michigan, where 2,700 jobs are being added over the next several years.”