At The Desk Of Donald Trump, accessible from https://thedeskofdonaldtrump.com, one of our main priorities is the privacy of our visitors.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU.
A. Registration Information.
In order to access and use certain features, content or functions of the Services (e.g., contributions, communication/networking features, promotions, etc.), you may be asked to provide certain information, including your name, username, password, e-mail, date of birth, gender, address, employment information, and other descriptive information.
B. Contributions and Payment Information.
If you make any contribution (including any purchase) on or through the Services, your payment information (e.g., credit or debit card type, number and expiration date) and related information (e.g., physical address) may be collected by us and/or our third-party payment processors.
C. Information You Choose to Provide to Us.
We collect any information you provide to us on or through the Services or in any other way. For example, we collect any information you provide when you update your user account and profile (“User Account”); participate in contests, surveys, and other promotions; and sign up to receive newsletters and other communications.
In addition, the Services may include features that rely on the use of information stored on, or made available through, your mobile Device. We may also ask to collect or use the specific location of your mobile Device (e.g., by accessing your Device’s GPS). If you agree to allow access to your location, you agree that we and our service providers may collect such location-based information from your Device. We may also collect other information based on your location and your Device’s proximity to “beacons” and other similar proximity systems, including, for example, the strength of the signal between the beacon and your Device and the duration that your Device is near the beacon. The type of location data we collect depends on a number of factors, including the type of Device you are using (e.g., laptop, smartphone, tablet) and the type of connection enabled on your Device (e.g., wifi, Bluetooth, broadband cable). Our Apps or other features of the Services may rely on this location information in order to provide certain location-based services, such as our promotional offers, merchandise offers, or event information or other website-related content that may be of interest to you. We may also use location information to improve the functionality of our Apps and our other applications and services. If you do not wish to have this location information collected and used by us, you may opt-out by disabling the location and Bluetooth features on your Device and/or in our Apps. As a general note, you may choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to access certain content or take advantage of certain features of the Services.
Depending on the Device you are using, we may use third-party services to provide mapping services. For example, we may use Google maps on certain Devices. You can learn more about the information that Google collects through its mapping services at http://www.google.com/privacy.html.
D. User Submissions.
You may have the ability to use the Services to communicate with other users of the Services and post comments to or otherwise interact with certain aspects of the Services that are available to the public and/or other users. We may collect any information you submit, post, or provide in the course of such activities, and reserve the right to store any information about the people you contact via the Services.
Additionally, in the event that we offer a message board or any other interactive or social-type feature on a website administered directly by us, please be aware that these areas may allow you to publicly post, and share with other users, certain messages, content, or other information (e.g., stories, pictures, etc.). Although we may take certain precautions to protect those who use these areas of one of our websites, we encourage you to be wary of giving out any personal information in such public forums. The information you post can be collected and used by people you do not know. We cannot guarantee the privacy and safety of these areas and are therefore not responsible for any information you choose to post. Your use of these features is fully at your own risk.
E. Usage Data and Technical Information.
F. Third-Party Platform Information.
If you access the Services via your Third-Party Platform account (e.g., by logging in to the Services using your Third-Party Platform account credentials) and/or integrate your The Desk Of Donald Trump account with your Third-Party Platform account, we may collect certain information from the Third-Party Platform, such as your username and other information you provided to the Third-Party Platform in connection with your account (e.g., name, country, date of birth, gender and e-mail address). You can learn more about adjusting your settings and preferences with respect to Third-Party Platforms in Section 4.A below.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT.
A. Except as prohibited by the terms and conditions of any applicable Third-Party Platform (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and subject to Section 4, we may use the information we collect for, among other things, the following purposes:
- Sending you The Desk of Donald Trump and affiliated committees’ marketing, promotional, e-mails, messages and other correspondence and notifications regarding the Services;
- To notify you about new features and offerings of the Services, including, but not limited to, promotions, events, discounts, news about products and services, and/or special offers;
- Delivery of features, content, services, and products available to you through the Services based on your location;
- Allowing affiliates, service providers, contractors, agents, sponsors, and other third parties to assist us in providing and managing the Services;
- Contacting you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Services you have registered to use;
- Sending you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- Marketing and promoting the Services, including, without limitation, promotions and other initiatives and activities;
- Where you order goods or services, performing credit checking or other authentication;
- For the prevention and detection of fraud or infringement of our or any third-party’s rights;
- Responding to your questions or other requests;
- Subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of The Desk Of Donald Trump;
- Subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, in connection with the sale or exchange of Service user information and related data to a broker, political committee, or other non-profit or for-profit entity;
- Tailoring your experience on the Services and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you visit and use the Services;
- Saving your User Account, registration and profile data or other information (so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit or use the Services);
- Tracking your return visits to and use of the Services;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide us with the information or which are reasonably necessary to provide the Services or other related product and/or service requested;
- For research purposes, for marketing/promotional purposes and/or to provide anonymous reporting for Third-Party Platforms, etc.;
- Accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Services and user activity;
- Determining which features and services users like best to help us operate the Services, enhance and improve our services and the Services and display advertising and marketing information; and
- Saving certain information for your ongoing use of the Services.
4. OPTING-OUT OF CERTAIN USES OF YOUR INFORMATION.
A. User Account Privacy Settings.
You may be able to adjust certain privacy, permission, and User Account settings by responding to request alerts or notifications that may be presented to you on your Device prior to or following the collection of the relevant information or by navigating to the settings, account or privacy section (as the case may be) of your Device or the applicable Third-Party Platform and limiting certain Service functionality (e.g., location services, etc.). Please be aware that if you limit the collection of certain information, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of the Services.
B. Marketing and Promotional Communications.
At times, you may be presented with the option of whether to subscribe to receive or be automatically entered to receive, certain marketing and promotional communications, including by text message, from us and/or our affiliated committees that we think will be of interest to you. Recipients of such communications can unsubscribe by either following the specific instructions included in such communications or you may “opt-out” of receiving marketing and promotional e-mails from us at any time by or by sending an email to us at EMAIL detailing your privacy request. Recipients of text messages may “opt-out” of our mobile messaging program by replying “STOP” (or “QUIT”, “END”, “CANCEL”, “UNSUBSCRIBE”, or “STOP ALL”) to SHORTCODE or any mobile message you receive from Us, or by contacting Us via the means provided above and clearly communicating your intent to unsubscribe from our mobile messaging program. Other privacy requests can be emailed to email@example.com. Please note that “opt-out” and “unsubscribe” requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process, and apply, during which time your information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings. Additionally, you should be aware that any information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt-out or unsubscribe cannot be retrieved or rescinded by us unless required by applicable law, and you cannot retroactively opt-out or unsubscribe with respect to such third parties.
Please note that in order to keep you informed about the operation of our Services and related services, we may always send you emails and announcements that are needed for the proper functioning and administration of our Services, including for the purposes described in Section 3 above, in connection with your use of such Services. We may also have features that allow you to submit information, questions or feedback to us. In those instances, we may retain your emails and other information you submit to us for our internal purposes, and to help us to serve you better.
C. Privacy Preferences.
You may also change certain privacy preferences (e.g., choose to cease receiving certain communications or ask us not to share your personal information with a particular third-party) by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your privacy request. If you ask us to stop using your personal information, we will honor that request, provided that we may retain a record of such information as necessary to comply with applicable law and we may continue to use your contact information to contact you about your Services-related transactions and to respond to your requests, as well as your IP address to determine the country in which you are accessing the Services. Other privacy preferences (e.g., deactivating your User Account, etc.) may be made by modifying your User Account settings on the Services, your Device and/or the applicable Third-Party Platform. You always have the right to access, review and correct the personal information you have provided and generally, you may review, update or delete certain information collected by the Services at any time by accessing your User Account as described herein or by contacting us as described in Section 14.
D. Opting-Out of Use of Certain Information That May be Collected by Tracking Technologies.
Tracking Technologies: Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies (other than Flash cookies) and allow local storage, but you should be able to change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, local storage is being used, and/or to block cookies and/or the use of local storage altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features, content, and/or other personalization available through the Services.
Flash Cookies: Users can manage the use of Flash technologies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website, see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security/privacy_policy/faq.html.
Do-Not-Track Signals: Certain browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which such browsers communicate; however, this feature, and how it is used and activated, varies from browser to browser. Therefore, it is not clear whether the signals are intentionally transmitted by a user, or whether a user is even aware of this. Despite current efforts, there is still disagreement amongst leading Internet standards organizations, industry groups, technology companies, and regulators, concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals and no standard has been adopted to date. We take privacy and security very seriously. With respect to “do not track signals,” we currently do not take action in response to these signals, but if a standard is established and accepted, we may reassess how to respond to these signals.
5. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
A. Disclosure to Third Parties.
We reserve the right to use, share, exchange, and/or disclose to The Desk Of Donald Trump affiliated committee and third parties any of your information for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, as described in Section 3. You may choose to opt-out of certain such uses at the time such information is collected or by subsequently changing your preferences, as further described in Section 4 above. The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
B. Disclosure of Certain Information in User Submissions Intended to Be Disclosed.
Certain information associated with a Submission may be intended for disclosure, such as your username. We will disclose any such information in connection with the display of, and other services relating to, such Submission, and by submitting a Submission on or in connection with the Services you affirmatively consent to the distribution of your information as described herein.
C. Service Providers, Owners and Licensees.
We may provide and disclose your information to affiliates, operators, service providers, and other third parties for the purpose of providing, offering, supporting, administering and maintaining the Services, and providing the full range of content, activities, services, features, and functions offered on or in connection with the Services.
D. Additional Disclosures.
6. DATA COLLECTION FROM CHILDREN.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
The Desk Of Donald Trump does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information. However, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications despite our efforts to prevent this, and we, therefore, make no guarantees regarding the security of user information.
8. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
If you are a resident of the State of California, we provide you with information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options, such as your right to opt-out (which we may sometimes refer to as “unsubscribing”) or opt-in for use of your information by third parties for marketing purposes. Therefore, pursuant to the California Civil Code, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your information for marketing purposes during the preceding year.
If you are a California resident and wish to request information about how to exercise your third-party disclosure choices, please submit your request at email@example.com.
9. GDPR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
10. INTEGRATION OF THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS AND SERVICES.
13. INTERNATIONAL USAGE.
The Services are controlled, operated, and administered entirely within the United States. If you visit, access, interact with, and/or otherwise use the Services from a location outside the United States, please be advised that any information you provide in connection with any such activity may be processed in and/or transferred to the United States of America and/or other territories and locations, where privacy protections may not be as comprehensive as those in the territory or location where you interact with or otherwise use the Services. By using the Services, you affirmatively consent to the transfer, use, disclosure, provision, and other administration of your information as described herein.
13. CONTACT US.